Deadline Οctober 7th, 2019
- A prerequisite in submitting an abstract is that at least one of the authors should be a registered member of the HSBMB, or another FEBS constituent society.
- You may apply for full or student membership to the HSBMB, by sending an email to the HSBMB Secretary, Dr. Dionyssios Sgouras (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com), attaching your curriculum vitae and the names of two full members of the HSBMB, supporting your application to the HSBMB.
- For every accepted abstract is required that at least one of the authors is pre-registered to the meeting.
The Organizing Committee of the 70th National Conference of the Hellenic Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology invites those interested to participate in the scientific program of the Conference to submit their abstract in English, in accordance with the instructions below, no later than Οctober 7th, 2019.
The submitted abstracts will be evaluated and grouped by topic. Accepted papers will be presented as poster or as oral presentations (short talks). The Scientific Committee reserves the right on the final decision of the presentation type.
Young researchers, who wish to present their work during the 7th National Young Investigators Forum of HSBMB, must fill in the appropriate field while submitting their abstract in the online submission form. The abstract that will be included in the Forum, will be the same with the one submitted to the conference. Please note, that presenting your abstract at the Young Investigators Forum does not incur further registration fees.
The duration of the presentations will be announced based on the Final Conference Program.
The posters size will be 0.80 cm (width) x 1.20 cm max (height). Authors are required to be present by their posters, during the posters session, where a discussion with the Evaluation Committee and interested colleagues will take place.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ELECTRONIC FORM FILL
- Make sure that the contact information you submit is correct because it will be used for further correspondence via email.
- The confirmation of your abstract’s acceptance will be sent to you via email in the address you have indicated in the electronic form.
- As soon as you fill in the required fields, you will have to attach a Word file with your abstract (Title, authors, address, text).
- Authors are exclusively responsible for the content and quality of the submitted abstract, and should know that their papers will be published with no further editing.
- After successfully submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email on the address you have stated. If this is not the case, please contact the Congress Secretariat.
Due to all necessary University firewalls that might inset we kindly ask that you check your email SPAM/JUNK folder often.
Guidelines for Abstract submission (font, size, spacing, justification)
Title | The title should be as brief as possible (no more than three lines) and It should be written in Arial, justify text alignment, lowercase font, size 14.
Leave one (1) empty pass, size 11.
Authors | All of the names should be written in the nominative in a Heading Font; the family name should follow the first name and they should be written in Arial, lowercase bold font, size 11 and justify text alignment. Presenter’s name should be underlined, and optionally the name of the corresponding author should be marked by an asterisk. Listed names should be separated by a comma, e.g. Maria Papadopoulou, Asterios Papadopoulos*.
Leave one (1) empty pass, size 9.
Address of Institution | It should be written in Arial, size 9, center text alignment in lowercase italic. The name of the institution should precede the location, if the location is not included in the name of the institution (e.g. Research Center, Thessaloniki, Greece). When more than one institution is mentioned, the reference superscript should be written in parentheses before the name, e.g. M. Papadopoulou1, A. Papadopoulos2
1Institution Name, City, Country
2Research Center, Thessaloniki, Greece
Leave three (3) empty passes, size 11.
Main Text | It should be written in Arial, 11 pt, single line spaced, without spaces between paragraphs and the number of the words should not exceed 300.
Leave two (2) empty passes, size 11.
Optionally | References or acknowledgements in Arial font, left text alignment in lowercase italic, size 10.
Authors are solely responsible for the context quality of the abstracts which will be published as sent.
For any additional information or changes please contact the Conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org